In order to maintain accredited status, a member must complete at least 10 CPD hours per annum. Members can track and edit their hours on this website. Where the member has at least 30 CPD hours at the three year renewal, although a fee may be payable, the development course will not be necessary.
Activities that provide CPD hours include:-
- Completing CPD content provided by us. A list of available CPD is on the membership page
- Passing the on-line or attendance based course will earn 8 CPD hours
- One years subscription to the Guild of Residential Landlords will earn 6 CPD hours
- Being a member of other recognised landlords associations (NLA, RLA, NALS etc.) earns 4 CPD hours
- Attending local authority forums (CPD hours depends on forum but as a rule, 1 per hour)
- Attending landlord association meetings (CPD hours depends on meeting but as a rule, 1 per hour)
- Any training (attendance based or webinars) provided by Training for Professionals will notify you of the amount of CPD hours the training is worth.
- A letter of recommendation from a tenant, which includes confirmation that the landlord has complied with the Code of Conduct, may also contribute to CPD. The tenant would need to be willing to provide their contact details and copy of lease signed pages.
- Additional activities may be awarded CPD points, but are subject to approval by PRSAS. Any requests for CPD to be awarded for activities other than those included here should be submitted in writing to the scheme administrator.
Conditions for obtaining CPD:
Landlords must retain evidence of attendance at events and activities including on-line activities.
Local authorities may issue CPD certificates to landlords who participate in local authority events.
Spot checks will be conducted from time to time.
Penalties for provision of false information or mis-recording may include expulsion from PRSAS
If no CPD is undertaken in the 3 years of accreditation then the landlord will need to attend the PRSAS one day development course or complete the on-line course.